culture | politics | lifestyle | granite city
We love all things music, books and film. Here we take a closer look at culture.
This is a deep dive into the social, political and cultural issues that define our modern times.
A space for discussing what makes us all tick, from daily ritual to hobbies and lifestyle.
Searching for local stories and perspectives from Aberdeen and across Scotland.
OUR LATEST POSTS
- And There They WereLast month I managed to steal a weekend away to the Highlands. The weather was balmy for March, with summer feeling as though it had arrived early. Not a cloud in the sky, taps aff, etcetera. The trip seemed blessed by the sun itself, a well-timed getaway destined to beContinue reading “And There They Were”
- Movie Mondays- Boiling PointThis week for Movie Mondays I thought I’d talk about a movie from last year that I missed when making the best of 2021 list. Despite having its official release date last year, Boiling Point was widely released to the UK public back in March via Netflix. The entire hourContinue reading “Movie Mondays- Boiling Point”
- Inner Ears vol. 1Welcome back to inertia. We return to you with a new musical feature titled Inner Ears, a fresh freeform feature where our contributors serve up some piping hot music recommendations. Based on what’s been streaming through our own headsets, hopefully you find some artists, albums and genres here to plugContinue reading “Inner Ears vol. 1”
- Movie Mondays- Paris, TexasSometimes it can feel like you’ve already watched most of the classics, or at least the ones that appeal to you most strongly. With such a rich back catalogue of brilliant films from across the world, it is to be expected that the occasional gem may pass you by entirely.Continue reading “Movie Mondays- Paris, Texas”
- Book Club – How Late It Was, How LateA comedy of errors without much to laugh about, 1994’s How Late It Was, How Late was a second-hand purchase of mine bought on a whim. It stuck out in the Scottish Literature section like a sore thumb as the title rang the bells of familiarity in my head. CountingContinue reading “Book Club – How Late It Was, How Late”